• Donate

Type donation amount in box below.

IMPORTANT! If you donate via PayPal using an e-mail address different than the one you are currently using on USMF and would like a 2022 Donor Icon added to your account, you MUST CONTACT vintageproductions or stratasfan and let them know what email address was used for the donation.

Thank you for supporting USMF.

Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recent Posts

• Glidertrooper
      So Tank Fest 2024. We went on Friday, which is known as the ‘Nerds Day’, as it’s all people who want to get up close to the tanks and discuss engine sizes, etc. For us, it’s just calmer than being there with the weekend crowd, although numbers have been limited this year after a ‘bear pit’ of a fest in 2023 I was told by one of the British Army soldiers who regularly participates. That said, the event has grown since we last attended in 2019 (for my Honeymoon!), which I remember as a more sedate affair.   Anyway, pictures is what you all want and there was so much there to see, I have tried to stick with US military stuff and some other bits of particular interest.   First up, arena appearances of the main WWII tanks. We were fortunate to have front row stand seats …well I say ‘fortunate’ as with every tank’s passing there were vary sized clouds of grit and let me tell you, every time went the T-34 went past, the combination of grit and diesel fumes was positively chewy!!!   Line up is a Panzer III, M-3 Stuart, M-3 Grant, Sherman of ‘Fury’ fame, Sexton SP 25pdr, M-24 Chaffee and T-34.   More posts to follow.   Cheers……John  
    • AnthonyGiarrusso
      What is your preference when considering joining or donating to national or local veterans organizations and why do you prefer one over the other?
    • lamarhooten
      Here is an interesting piece I picked up at the Pomona show a week or so back. Bullion made patches sewn to a velvet backing. Interesting to have an 8th AAF patch on it! The SE Asia patch is backwards also and the US Army Forces, Middle East is mis-identified. All patches are normal sized. That is a really nice 5307th Composite Unit patch too! I wonder if the lady who got this really knew what she was getting!
    • lamarhooten
      Here is an interesting shirt I picked up this weekend. On an HBT shirt and has a colored name tape. Is it for Ordnance?
    • gap
      I doubt this is a unicorn?  
    • Ronnie
      Isn’t that cool Mike. I think this helmet came from an old and wonderful Army/Navy store in Tupelo Mississippi. I purchased several helmets back when I was in school at Ole Miss. just never thought to inspect them. Thanks again.
    • sgtdorango
      Thats awesome Ronnie!!.....mike
    • Ronnie
    • Ronnie
      Tonight I decided to dig out an award…..sort of  from a school program back in around 1967 or 68. An infantry soldier was telling us his story of service in Vietnam. At some  point he held up a long narrow pointed stick and asked if anyone knew what it was. I yelled out “Punji stick!” He pointed to me and asked me to come down from the gym bleachers and approach the speakers podium. I did and he asked how I knew what it was and I simply said well I watch the news. He then pinned this little Victory in Vietnam button on my shirt. I have to admit that I was pretty proud of that worthless little trinkit. At any rate that thing has been in a drawer for all these years. Tonight I dug it out and grabbed one of my Vietnam era M1’s. The one I picked had some graffiti on the cover and I thought this would dress it up a bit. After I pinned it on I was admiring the helmet. Cannot tell you where I found it nor how long I’ve had it but it is safe to say 30 to 40 years or more. As I gazed at it I notice what looked like white paint thru one of the button holes. Pulled it apart as much as I could and yes there was paint on it. I then proceeded to pull the cover up on that side without messing the cover up. I could clearly see a Red Cross in a white circle…….no it wasn’t fake. I’ve been around long enough to know. Took the cover off and there it was on the other side. At any rate a great surprise. Here are photos. More photos coming with the cover on. Btw I do think I added the chin straps because they are just too nice of condition.
    • otter42
      CIB turned into a bracelet.  It's large, CIB lays perfect on my wrist, so assuming the had it done for himself.  1930's Belgium coins. Very well done.  
  • * While this forum is partially supported by our advertisers, we make no claim nor endorsement of authenticity of the products which these advertisers sell. If you have an issue with any advertiser, please take it up with them and not with the owner or staff of this forum.