Transitional USAF

tmackie

Hello....I am a collector of USAF transitional and Cold War memorabilia 1946-1964. In attempting to nail down the flow from olive to blue to sage, one of the questions I have is was there a period in 1950/51 where the USAF wore brown rank badges and nametags with blue flight suits and jackets? In 1955's Strategic Air Command, they wear this combination...I believe it represented the 1951 timeframe. Does anyone know for sure? Always looking for other early USAF collectors....many thanks. Will post some photos from collection. Tim in Texas

Hi Thanks for the feedback. I have been collecting for a long time and lately have been interviewing alot of these guys. Many of the ensembles, I have about 50 so far, do represent specific individuals...including my Dad, who was class of 55-Q and represented by the H-21 pilot in the photos; he retired in '74 and was the impetus for the push on my USAF Cold War project. Always looking for other collectors, collectibles, stories, and veterans of this era.

WOW!

Outstanding. This is exactly why I got into this era of collecting. Your helmets and flight suits are great! Love the displays.

Keep it coming!

r/Gunny Dan

quote name='tmackie' date='Nov 2 2009, 07:45 PM' post='422434']

Hey Dan...great stuff. Would love to chat with you. My email is [email protected]. Here are some more....post-5845-1257219712.jpgpost-5845-1257219689.jpgpost-5845-1257219830.jpg H-43 Pilot Base Rescue Moody AFB 1960-63

post-5845-1257220087.jpg H-43 pilot, Base Rescue, Moody AFB 1960-63

Hello all...hope you all enjoy the photos. I kindly ask that you not copy or reproduce these anywhere without contacting me first.

Awesome! Congratulations on putting together a museum quality collection!

Sabrejet :thumbsup:

OO MAN!!!!! You have great stuff here... Im not familiar with this era (more ww2 USN and USMC ) but respect... Do You have some USN and USMC impression???

I think forum member Bebel will be suprised in this topic!

Best regards ,

Jerry K.

OO MAN!!!!! You have great stuff here... Im not familiar with this era (more ww2 USN and USMC ) but respect... Do You have some USN and USMC impression???

I think forum member Bebel will be suprised in this topic!

Best regards ,

Jerry K.

Hi Jerry...thank you. The only USN/USMC gear I have is what was used by USAF pilots...mainly Mae Wests and the leather G-1 as there was healthy amount of cross polination between branches. Had to draw some lines for the collection, or else where would you stop :)

Hi Jerry...thank you. The only USN/USMC gear I have is what was used by USAF pilots...mainly Mae Wests and the leather G-1 as there was healthy amount of cross polination between branches. Had to draw some lines for the collection, or else where would you stop :)

Here is an F-51 Pilot wearing the USN Mae West...1951 Korea

post-5845-1257262873.jpgpost-5845-1257262879.jpgpost-5845-1257262890.jpg